Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What do you Love?

This past Sunday Mr. Bruce Rogers spoke, and it was so good, I wanted to share with everyone a little bit of what he said! His main Scripture passage was Psalm 139-

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it all...Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me; and lead me in the everlasting way."

I was so convicted because this went along so well with what I have been thinking on since we listened to Mr. Doug Phillips' Identity Theft cd. When we left church, one question Mr. Bruce asked was stuck in my brain, Does God loathe what we love?

This week as I meditated on Psalm 139 and thought back to those messages, I continued to ask myself, What do I delight in? What do I love? Are my priorities in life straight?

Unfortunately, too often I am like the Israelites-- I forget what the Lord has done for me, and I wander back to Egypt, in my words, attitudes, etc.

Something else that pricked my heart was when Mr. Bruce pointed out that nothing we do is hidden from the sight of God. Not even a thought is hidden from God's all-seeing eye. In fact, Scripture says that He is "intimately acquainted" with all our ways! Anytime I slip back to feminist thinking- even just in my heart- God Knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment