Friday, March 5, 2010

Today's Quote

My prayer journal has quotes printed throughout it, and as I opened it today, I saw a quote I hadn't read in a while, but that was so good!

Do any of you ever find it difficult to differentiate between God's leading and your flesh's inclination? I often struggle with this, and I find that it is so easy to confuse God's Will with my will, especially in our society that encourages girls to cast aside their femininity, and embrace the opposite of God's Will. I believe, also, that we, as daughters, are especially susceptible to this, and need to admit that, and ask our Heavenly Father to give us wisdom, and ask our parents to hold us accountable.

But, anyway, here's the quote that I found so encouraging this morning! :)

"Waiting times are growing times and learning times. As you quiet your heart, you enter His peace... as you sense your weakness, you receive His strength... as you lay down your will, you hear His calling."

Roy Lessin

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amanda,
    I was anxiously awaiting the new blog of the day. Although the one from Friday was very good; I wanted to see the new post. The Herrings are now official Deo Vindice blog groupys. We will look again tommorrow night for your new post. Keep up the good work.

    Love Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete