Thursday, March 11, 2010

More Notes...

Earlier this week I shared with you some things I learned from Mrs. Victoria Botkin’s first webinar session, All About Eve, and I wanted to share with you some things I learned from her second session, All About Sarah: Biblical Submission and how Godly Women Do It.

One of the first things Mrs. Botkin addressed was the question, “Is there such a thing as virtuous Christian feminism?” She pointed out that “we are all feminists at heart. Clear back to Eve. It’s just the way we are.” But feminism is a clearly ungodly mindset for women. She quoted Colossians 3:19- “Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.” (This is applicable for the Father-Daughter Relationship, as well)

Mrs. Botkin gave two tips for practicing submission: 1) Taking every thought captive, and 2) Hoping in God to do His Will. My Mamma has said before that it is much easier to develop submission before marriage than after. Mrs. Botkin indicated this as well in the following quote:

“Get on board with your husband’s vision right at the beginning. This is really at the heart of submission…you submit your will and your vision to the will and vision of your husband.”

To be able to someday “get on board” with my future husband’s vision at the beginning of my marriage, I need to practice now, by submitting myself to my Daddy, and furthering his vision, rather than my own. The thing that really pricked my heart while I was listening, though, was this- “God’s will is more important than your will.” (Doesn’t that hurt!?!) Too often, I feel as though I must defend my will, rather than submitting to my God-given authority’s (aka, my daddy) will. When I do that, I sacrifice God’s Will, in an effort to get my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment