Saturday, February 13, 2010

More on Joy

"Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, Rejoice!"
-Philippians 4:4

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a very hard time implementing this in my life! When things get difficult I'm the first to whine and complain. I stomp my foot and demand that God give me my way. NOW!

What a wrong attitude! Rather than informing God that this is not how I wanted my day to go, I ought to be thanking Him for being at work in my life.

How quick I am to rejoice when things are going good- but how slow I am to rejoice in pain or disappointment!

A verse I've been really thinking about lately is not only an encouragement, but also a great conviction:

"For we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
-Romans 8:28

And because this is true, I need to learn to find Joy in all things, all the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment