Sunday, February 14, 2010

Finding Joy in the Little Things

"...God loves a cheerful giver."
-2 Corinthians 9:7

For many years I thought this meant that God just wanted us to give. But I've come to realize that you can either give grudgingly, or cheerfully. Joy is what makes the difference.

I have a terrible habit of giving outwardly, while inwardly (sometimes outwardly... well, alright, alot of times) complaining. The Lord has greatly convicted me. He has revealed that what He desires from me is true joy when serving those around me.

We recently watched a film called Saving Sarah Cain. While it had many wonderful truths in it, one of the most convicting was when the oldest daughter, Lydia, said, "Dish-washing has never been a chore" (paraphrased). WOW! Can I say that? Ouch...

This young woman had found Joy in the little things, serving her family cheerfully, in preparation for someday having her own family.

Sadly, I am often too caught up in desiring to achieve "great things" that I fail to realize that the thing I can do to bring the most glory to God is to find Joy doing the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment