Friday, April 2, 2010

March's Best Books

It's so hard to believe that March is over! It seems like I was just posting about the best books I read in February... time sure does fly!

I don't know how many of you are fans of L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables Series,or have seen the film, but the Best Fiction book I read this past month was Chronicles of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery. (It was a first edition copy, too!)

And I've been having a hard time trying to decide the Best Non-Fiction book I read in March. I finally got it narrowed down to two books, and so I'll just tell you about both. They were The Sermons of Robert Murray M'Cheyne (All those quotes didn't give me away did they?!) and Leading Little Ones to God by Marian M. Schoolland.

I had never heard of R.M. M'Cheyne before I read the book of some of his sermons, but he was a truly amazing and inspiring man! Although he was only 29 when he died, he had great insight and wisdom into the Word of God.

The other book was, as the subtitle called it, was "A Child's Book of Bible Teachings". It explained in simple language some basic points of Christianity (such as salvation, baptism, etc.), without being "dumbed-down".

Have any of you read any of these books? If so, what were your thoughts on them? Anyway, I'd love to hear about what ya'll have been reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda!
    I like your idea about posting your monthly favorite books.

    This month I read a book called "Mara; Daughter of the Nile". It was amazing! It is not a Christian book, so there were a few references to Egyptian gods, but other than that, it was a great historical novel. It was written about fifty years ago, so it was nice and clean, (hard to find these days). It was by Eloise J. McGraw.

    ReplyDelete