Wednesday, May 5, 2010

April's Best Books

First of all, I have to admit that I didn't read a single fiction book last month! Out of all the books I read last month, though, I think the best was a book I recieved for my birthday from some friends, Politics of Guilt and Pity by R.J. Rushdoony. While it took me a while to read this book, it was definitely worth it! While I do not agree with everything he writes (he was a fallen, sinful man just like you and me), I believe he had one of the best perspectives on Christianity in culture and dominion. I would highly recommend this book! One of my favorite quotes from the book is one I've heard Mr. Doug Phillips say for years: "Culture is religion externalized."

However, another book you all might enjoy was Preparing for Marriage: The Premarital advice of John Calvin, which was edited by Mr. Scott Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment