Monday, July 5, 2010

June's Best Books

June is over, and July is here! So, here are the best books I read last month- The Moving Feast by Allan Nation, and God Has A Wonderful Plan for Your Life: The Myth of the Modern Message by Ray Comfort.

The first I mentioned, The Moving Feast, is the story of how our culture in South Mississippi (where I live right now, and have for all my life) has been impacted over the centuries, predominantly by the American Indians, Scots, Irish, and Africans. It was very interesting, as over the years I've wondered why we eat and do certain things, like frying everything! :) Not a perfect book, yet very informative!

Ray Comfort's book, The Myth of the Modern Message was amazing! It caused me to reconsider much of my worldview and mindset, particularly where evangelism and Salvation are concerned. I would highly recommend it to everyone!! Easy to read (it was only 124 pages), it shared a little bit of similarity with Already Gone, Ken Ham's book, yet he used the statistics in a different way- to show that our evangelism is not only failing, its harmful! Even better, the book was FREE!!

Have a wonderful day, and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment